This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GreenMountainGoodness
If you know anything about our family, you probably know how much we love to travel and explore our beautiful world. We have visited several National Parks and surround ourselves with fresh mountain air as often as we possibly can. So it should be no surprise that we feel strongly about taking care of the wonderful planet we live on, and the people that dwell on it.
One of the best things we have done as a family to “Do Good” in this world is sponsoring a child in Uganda, Africa. For the last two years, we have sponsored this young boy, and giving to him is one of the most fulfilling gifts for us. It’s crazy to think that a simple $40 each month can make such a huge difference in the life of a child – providing him with food, clean water, and basic necessities that we so often take for granted. It makes me think of how blessed and fortunate we are to have the amenities we do, like hot showers (and hot coffee!) to enjoy on a regular basis.
Speaking of hot coffee… another way we choose to Do Good is by supporting businesses that focus on social responsibility. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters® is one company that I have been supporting since my early coffee-drinking days, and I was happy to learn more about their sustainable practices and environmentally-focused methods. Green Mountain pledges responsibility to the land and its people, a cause I can certainly get behind!
It makes me happy that a brand I already loved is taking big steps for global responsibility by growing trees, providing clean drinking water, and financially supporting the farmers they work with. And it makes me even happier that I can grab my favorite coffee flavors from Green Mountain on my usual grocery shopping trips at Walmart.
Our local Walmart has shelves stocked full with Green Mountain Coffee blends so it’s convenient for me to grab when on my grocery run to Walmart, enjoying everyday low prices! I keep a healthy supply of K-Cup® pods on-hand at home at all times. My go-to flavor has always been the Caramel Vanilla Cream, but I grabbed the Nantucket Blend and Dark Magic varieties on my most recent trip to the store to try something new – and they did not disappoint!
Somehow the coffee tastes even better knowing that my purchase helps Green Mountain Coffee Roasters do make positive changes in our world.
If you’re looking for ways to better our world and the people on it, grab yourself a hot cup of Green Mountain Coffee and keep reading for 5 simple ways to do good:
- Donate to a local shelter. The New Year is a popular time for people to minimize their belongings. Rather than ditching gently used housewares and clothing items, consider donating them to a local shelter or non-profit organization.
- Find ways to volunteer. If your schedule allows for it, volunteering is a great way to do good and feel good! There are plenty of places to start in your search for volunteer opportunities. Stop by a local nursing home or ask a member of your church for any existing needs.
- “Adopt” a child. Actual adoption is, of course, a huge undertaking. But you can make a major difference in the life of a child by sending a monetary gift each month to support them. Less than $50 can typically provide healthy meals, clean water, and the opportunity for education for a child in a developing nation.
- Recycle, reuse, and clean up litter. Simply changing your basic habits can do wonders for the world! Recycle appropriate items. Use reusable bags for your grocery shopping. Clean up litter when you see it. And if you really want to be an overachiever, participate in or host a community clean-up day!
- Support companies who do good. A little research can go a long way in supporting global causes. Companies like Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and Walmart provide their Global Responsibility initiatives right on their websites, so you can see what you’re supporting before you shop!
Are you taking steps to improve our world with your everyday habits? The next time you stock up on coffee at Walmart, remember to try Green Mountain Coffee varieties so you can feel good about your morning cup!
Keurig and K-Cup are trademarks of Keurig Green Mountain Inc., used with permission.