It’s the Wednesday of a short work week and for most people, that would be enough to kick your feet up and coast at the office. For freelancers / business owners, it means trying to cram four days of work into your normal week so you can enjoy some quality time with your family when another weekend rolls back around. I’m not complaining. Rather, procrastinating. Hence the following list of completely random thoughts I’ve been having lately.
- Tim Horton’s coffee tastes like stale cigarettes. Don’t @ me. Their iced coffee is only the slightest bit drinkable because they drown it in flavor shots and cream.
- Spring is probably the most annoying season. I’m just as glad as everyone else in WNY that the endless winter is finally over. But spring needs to get it together. One day it’s pushing 80, the next it’s in the 50s and rainy. My head has suffered through its fair share of migraines this season, and I’m over it.
- I don’t care what anyone says – jean skirts are NOT cool again. I’m all for the return of certain fashion trends (mom jeans are my new BFF). That being said, however; if you ever catch me wearing a denim skirt in public, I give you full permission to direct me back to this post.
- Speaking of trends coming back… Does anyone else remember the zig-zag part? I’m strongly considering busting it out again. You heard it here first, people.
- I don’t understand why grown adults are so obsessed with Disney World. I really don’t mean to offend anyone with this, because you do you. But what is with the fascination of this place? I’ve never been to Disney, so maybe I just don’t “get” the magic. I just feel like Mickey Mouse crock pots and home goods are taking it too far, no?
- I desperately want to be a plant lady, but I kill everything I plant. If someone could please help me find things to put in our front landscaping and also find a houseplant that won’t shrivel up and die within one week on my shelves, I would be most grateful.
- I still can’t stop clicking through articles on the Royal Wedding. And wondering when Prince Harry became the handsome one?
- Currently wishing my money tree out back would bloom so I could buy: these Hunter rain boots; this perfect camping tank top; (& this one); these comfy slip-on sandals; and basically everything from this site.
Okay, I guess I’m done here. Another weekend of camping awaits, and this work isn’t going to finish itself!