I’m continuing on my quest for the perfect holiday desserts. This particular recipe was one of my first “wins” in the baking department back when Luke and I first started dating, and I had totally forgotten about them until I received The Cheesecake Factory At Home Cheesecake Mixes!
All you need are these boxed cheesecake mixes, 16 oz. of cream cheese, a splash of milk, and three eggs. For the “crust,” you’ll need your favorite cookie dough (either store bought or homemade). I used these double chocolate chunk cookies and I highly recommend doing the same.
Here’s how to make them:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350º and line muffin tins with cupcake papers. In the bottom of each paper, fill the bottom with about a tablespoon-worth of cookie dough. Bake these for half the time you would normally bake a cookie. (I put these in for 7 minutes.)
- While those are baking, prepare your cheesecake mixture using the recipe from the box.
- Once your cookies are half-baked, spoon in your cheesecake mixture, filling the cupcake papers almost all the way to to the top. The mixture will expand as it bakes but then settle once they cool, so feel free to overestimate how much filling you’ll need!
- Re-set your oven to 275º and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Check the cheesecakes every so often to be sure the tops aren’t browning or burning. You’ll know they are done when the cheesecake begins to crack a bit and a toothpick through the center comes out clean.
- When your cheesecakes are finished baking, remove them from the oven and top with the included topping from the box. I used Salted Caramel for this particular recipe but these mixes also come in Classic and Strawberry flavors. I also decided to drizzle a bit of chocolate sauce on top to tie in the flavors a bit more.
These little cheesecake cookie cups are sure to impress your family and friends at your next holiday function! Now that I’ve been reminded of how delicious these are, I’m whipping up the strawberry cheesecake with a classic chocolate chip cookie “crust” for Thanksgiving next weekend.
What are your favorite cheesecake flavors? With these new prepared mixes from The Cheesecake Factory, the possibilities are endless!