Today, I’m partnering with Bertolli to celebrate their 150+ year heritage of providing premium olive oils and sauces in the United States! Click here to save $1.50 on your favorite Bertolli sauces, and continue reading for my favorite marinara sauce-based recipe for Pasta e Fagioli! Check out the #VivaBertolli hashtag on social media for more Italian inspiration!
I have absolutely no Italian in my heritage (to my knowledge, anyway), but I could easily eat Italian food five days a week. Luckily, my husband – who has relatives straight from Sicily – never complains about eating pasta for dinner. When we want to switch it up from our usual ziti and red sauce, I turn to my trusty Crock Pot for Pasta e Fagioli soup!
The recipe is super simple, uses groceries we almost always have on-hand, and bonus: even the kids like it!
What you’ll need:
• 1 jar Bertolli 5-Cheese Marinara
• 2 lbs. ground beef (I’ve also used sausage)
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 cup celery, chopped
• 1 handful of carrots, diced
• 2 (28 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
• 4 cups beef stock
• 3 tsp. oregano
• 2 tsp. pepper
• 5 tsp. parsley (you can do without this if need be)
• 1 tsp. hot sauce
• 8 oz. pasta
1. Brown ground beef (or sausage) in a large skillet and drain fat.
2. Add beef and all ingredients except pasta in crock pot.
3. Cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 4-5 hours.
4. Before serving, cook and drain pasta and add to soup.
Mangia! I usually like to serve this up with a simple salad and breadsticks or garlic bread. For extra “Mommy points,” warm up some Bertolli Creamy Alfredo sauce to dip!